I came across the ‘Most Worn Things Tag’ on YouTube and thought I’d share my list for summer with you.
1. Nail polish: Now, this was a bit challenging given my fondness for an array of shades, but I was able to narrow it down to Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen.
2. Hair product: It works well enough. It defines my waves without the crunchy look/feel, but I’m on the hunt for a natural alternative. Any suggestions?
3. Bag: Spacious and complements any outfit. It’s by Olivia and Joy, purchased at TJ Maxx.
4. Scent: Perfume is one of the items I haven’t transitioned to natural, good-for-you versions. Sigh. I tried one brand and was repulsed by the smell, so I used it as an excuse to go back to traditional perfume. Anyhow, this is a fruity, sweet (probably overly so for some people), flirty, summer-appropriate scent.
5. Accessories: A cluster of the accessories I wear most in the spring and summer months, of course not all at once. Light or bright and a hint of sparkle is what I gravitate toward. They range in price from 99 cents to about $15. I love a good bargain.
6. Top: I fancy cardigans. So, I choose lightweight, cheerful colors for this time of year. This isn’t my most worn, but one of my faves nonetheless. It was on sale at Target for $8.
Foundation Powder: Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder. It contains parabens (insert sad face) but has a short list of ingredients and doesn’t irritate my skin and provides medium coverage.
8. Blush: Love the peachy flush, so I have to go with Blushing Glow by Physicians Formula.
9. Lip product: I haven’t been drawn to a certain lipstick/lipgloss shade this season. My basic essential is lip balm and I’ve been loving the one by Alba. For when I need SPF, I use Blistex Lip Massage.
10. Eyeshadow: As much as I appreciate bold colors, neutral eyeshadows are my comfort zone and the Ephiphany and Enlightenment duos by Bare Minerals have been my-go-to shades because they’re a mix of metallic, matte and semi-matte shadows.
** Hairstyle (My made-up bonus question): On those sweltering summer days, I usually go for a bun (low or top knot) or a side braid or ponytail because those are quick and easy hairstyles and keep my hair out of my face. What’s your go-to hairstyle when you’re trying to beat the heat?