2013 was filled with new beauty discoveries and old favorites. Here are my most-loved beauty products from the past year.
1. I’ve raved about Jojoba oil in previous posts, but the one from the Jojoba Company was the only face moisturizer I used in 2013.
2. Bite Beauty’s lipstick in Musk is not only my perfect nude shade, but it applies smoothly, wears well and is very moisturizing. It’s a bit pricy but also a high quality brand.
3. Kat Von D’s Bellisima blush is a wearable peach-tone shade with a slight sheen. It’s pigmented and blends easily.
4. At first, I wasn’t a fan of this highlighter by Josie Maran because it’s powdery and was too subtle for my taste. But once I put away my brushes and applied it with my fingers, I saw its true beauty. It’s a neutral shade, not too gold or pink and is appropriate for day and night. It works well as an eyeshadow, too.
5. The dual-ended creamy pencil by 100% Pure has been a staple in my collection. I’ve used it as eyeliner and an eyeshadow base. I especially love the chocolate shade when doing a smokey eye.
6. China Glaze Glistening Snow nail polish is a must-have for all glitter lovers. It makes for gorgeous nail art or can be worn solo.
7. Jane Iredale’s Berry lipliner is smooth enough to be worn as lipstick and has decent lasting power.
8. Everyday Minerals is by far the best mineral powder I’ve used. They offer a wide shade range and various finishes.
9. This favorite is sadly discontinued, but the Josie Maran Argan Blend Concealer is definitely a standout product and I’ll surely miss it once it’s gone. If you have a favorite natural concealer, please let me know.
10. Alba Botanica’s Unpetroleum Jelly is my favorite lip balm.
11. For most of 2013, I used organic, cold-pressed coconut oil as a body moisturizer. It absorbs quickly and smells delicious. I opt for the 54 oz. tub by Carrington Farms, split it into two containers and use one for beauty and the other for cooking. Here’s a helpful post listing 101 uses for coconut oil.
12. My number one pimple zapper continues to be Sibu’s Seabuckthorn Seed Oil. If you suffer from breakouts, you need this bottle in your life.
13. Finally, the leave-in conditioner by Kinky Curly makes combing through my post-shampooed hair a breeze. And, it smells like a tropical cocktail.